- "The tournament organizers at Liandri have decided that the recreation of arguably the Earth’s most violent war would create the perfect arena of combat. Storming the beaches of Normandy in WWII was chosen in particular because of the overwhelming odds facing each member of the attacking force. Defending this beach, however, will prove to be no less of a daunting task."
- ―Map description
Map description Edit
A map inspired by a real-life event, World War II's Operation: Overlord, it's a loose retelling of the event, Tournament-style.
The attackers start at the beach, where they're being attacked by several auto-cannons, mortars, and of course, the enemy team. Once they get past all of it, they must run over a U-shaped Entrance ramp all the way to the Boiler room. This room has a ledge where the defenders come from in order to stop them, and a ramp going all the way to the Ammo room. Another series of wacky turning passages finally guides the attackers to the main part of the map: the Gun cavern, where the long range cannon which must be destroyed is held. A series of ramps guide the attacking team to both the Defenders' ledge and the Control room whose controls must be destroyed in order to render the cannon inoperable.
The defending team starts at the Barracks, where they have several teleporters sending them to the key destinations of the map in no time, such as the foxholes holding the autocannons in the beach.
"In order to disable the Long-Range-Cannon you must make your way through the defenders’ base to the large Gun Cavern deep inside the cliff wall. In there, you will find the ‘Main Gun Control’ room. Destroy the equipment in that room."
Weapons and pickups Edit
|Weapon||Count||Ammo||Weapon Location||Ammo Location|
|Minigun||4||15||1x East foxhole. 1x Ammo room, near entrance to the area. 1x Defenders' ledge, near teleporter entrance to the area. 1x Attackers' ship.||3x Last passage, first turn after leaving Ammo room. 3x Entrance ramp, last turn before Boiler room. 2x Near East foxhole weapon. 2x Near the Ammo room weapon. 5x Near the ledge entrance weapon.|
|Flak Cannon||2||4||1x End of the Defenders' ledge in the Boiler Room. 1x Ammo room, middle among the crates.||2x Near the ledge weapon. 2x Near the Ammo room weapon.|
|Rocket Launcher||3||5||1x East watchtower. 1x Ammo room, center. 1x Gun cavern, near defenders' teleporter entrance.||1x Near the east watchtower weapon. 2x Near the ammo room weapon. 2x Near the defenders' entrance weapon.|
|Sniper Rifle||5||14||1x Ammo room, near entrance to the area. 1x Gun Cavern, end of the defenders' ledge. 1x East watchtower. 1x West foxhole. 1x Attackers' ship.||4x Entrance ramp, last corner before Boiler room. 3x Near the Ammo room weapon. 2x near the Gun Cavern ledge. 2x near the east watchtower weapon. 3x Near west foxhole weapon.|
|Health Pack||10||2x Gun Cavern, below the main gun. 2x Entrance ramp, last turn before Boiler room. 2x Ammo room, near entrance to the Gun cavern. 1x Last passage, first turn after leaving Ammo room. 1x Last passage, U-turn. 2x Defenders' ledge in Boiler room.|
|Thighpads||1||1x First turn after leaving Ammo room.|
|Body Armor||4||1x Ammo room. 1x East foxholes. 1x East watchtower. 1x last passage, u-shaped turn.|
Tips and tricks Edit
- Time the mortar right in order to avoid its devastating blow. Also, try to avoid as much as possible the minigun cannons, by dodging if needed.
- Try to avoid all fighting in the Boiler room by entering last and impactjumping to the top of the ramp.
- As a defender, your best bet is to get into the foxholes and use the Minigun as much as you can.
- The map is inspired on the assault to the beach of Normandy in WWII.
- The beta version of the map lacked the teleporters, with long way corridors guiding into the defense spots.
See also Edit
|Assault maps for Unreal Tournament|
|AS-Frigate • AS-Guardia • AS-HiSpeed • AS-Mazon • AS-OceanFloor • AS-Overlord • AS-Rook|