- "This ancient castle, nestled in the highlands of Romania, was purchased by Xan Kriegor as a personal training ground for his opponents, hoping to cull the best of the best to challenge him. The attacking team must open the main gates and escape the castle by breaking free the main winch in the library and throwing the gatehouse lever, while the defending team must prevent their escape."
- ―Map description AS-Rook (whose full name is Rook) is a map in Unreal Tournament.
Map description Edit
This map features an all-out escape scenario. The attacking team must destroy the security facilities of the rook, and escape in one piece.
The attackers start in two separated garrisons, which are connected to both the castle's main watchtowers and the garrison connecting area. The room next to it connects, by way of a door, the central attacking area with the outer courtyard, and, by way of a square passage, the library, which is, at the same time, connected to the grate room. The outer area has a point of interest in the door control tower near the tumbleweeds. Finally, there's the valley, at the other side of the main castle door.
"Exit the castle and make a hard right where you will locate the switch which will allow access to the library."
"Proceed through the library where you will locate a winch that is held in place with two chains. Destroy the chains; this will allow access to the gatehouse in the courtyard."
"Return to the courtyard and flip the switch in the gatehouse to open the front doors of the castle."
"Escape the castle alive through the front doors!"
Weapons and pickups Edit
|Weapon||Count||Ammo||Weapon Location||Ammo Location|
|BioRifle||2||2||1x Square room east the central attacking area exit. 1x Below defenders' dorm.||2x Among the tumbleweeds, outer courtyard.|
|Shock Rifle||1||1x Square room connecting the central attacking area with the library.|
|Pulse Gun||1||1x Square room east the central attacking area exit.|
|Ripper||2||2||1x Garrison connection area. 1x Defenders' dorm.||2x Near the Garrison area weapon.|
|Minigun||1||1x Square room connecting the central attacking area with the library.|
|Flak Cannon||1||2||1x East watchtower.||2x Near the east watchtower.|
|Rocket Launcher||1||2||1x Library, defenders' ledge.||2x Near the ledge weapon.|
|Sniper Rifle||2||5||1x East watchtower. 1x Behind a boulder, near the end of the level.||2x Near the east watchtower weapon. 3x near the boulder weapon.|
|Health Vial||4||4x Passage to the chained grate.|
|Health Pack||2||2x Defenders' spawning room, near the exit to outer courtyard.|
|Thighpads||1||1x Defenders' dorm.|
Tips and tricks Edit
- As an attacker, arm yourself with plenty of weapons before going to battle. You'll need them.
- As a defender, you can try to fill the first and third objectives with goo. If you can get a Minigun from the mess, much better.
- The beta version of the map had underground cells as the starting spawn point of the attackers. There were also two objectives, destroying two pair of chains located in different rooms and then escape from the castle. It also lacked a lot of rooms.
See also Edit
|Assault maps for Unreal Tournament|
|AS-Frigate • AS-Guardia • AS-HiSpeed • AS-Mazon • AS-OceanFloor • AS-Overlord • AS-Rook|