Brutes are giant creatures used by the Skaarj. They use handheld missile launchers, holding one in each hand. At long range, a Brute fires its missiles in 3 different ways: one is to fire them one after the other, another way for is to hold a single missile launcher "gangsta-style" and fire it rapidly, and the third for them to use the missile launchers is to rear up and fire the guns at extremely high speed.
They first appear in the Depths of Rrajigar and can be found guarding many of the Skaarj's facilities throughout Unreal, including the Mothership Core, making them a crucial part of the Skaarj's defense. In Return to Na Pali, Brutes appear less frequently, as their roles have mostly been taken over by the stronger Behemoths.
Brutes are stronger than Lesser Brutes and weaker than Behemoths, but have more in common with Behemoths. They wield stronger rocket launchers than the Lesser Brutes, dealing more damage. They also maneuver slightly slower and wear more armor. Not only does this improve their health (Brutes have roughly twice as much health as Lesser Brutes), but it also makes them more resistant to explosions.
- Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali
Tips and tricks Edit
- Damage with explosive weapons do 30 percent less damage than usual, making weapons such as the Eightball Gun and Flak Cannon ill-advised to use in combat. It's still possible to take a Brute down using these weapons, but it will cost more ammunition.
- As Brutes are slow-moving, they are relatively easy to hit with projectile weapons. It is wisest to keep one's distance from them as much as possible, and to look for and duck behind cover to avoid getting hit by its many rockets.
- The Brute was originally/internally called the "Big Man".
- The Brute's growling sound originates from a recording of Elliot 'Myscha' Cannon snoring away on one of the couches.
- ↑ Blinded by Reality: The True Story Behind The Creation of Unreal @ Gamespot.com
- ↑ Who's Who at Digital Extremes @ The Darker Sector
See also Edit
|Monsters: Behemoth - Brute - Cave Manta - Devilfish - Fly - Gasbag - Giant Gasbag - Ice Skaarj - Krall - Krall Elite - Lesser Brute - Manta - Mercenary - Mercenary Elite - Pupae - Skaarj Assassin - Skaarj Berserker - Skaarj Gunner - Skaarj Infantry - Skaarj Lord - Skaarj Officer - Skaarj Scout - Skaarj Sniper - Skaarj Trooper - Skaarj Warrior - Slith - Tentacle - Titan|
|Bosses: Skaarj Queen - Stone Titan - Warlord|
|NPCs and other creatures: Baby Cow - Biterfish - Bloblet - Horsefly - Nali - Nali Bird - Nali Cow - Nali Priest - Nali Rabbit|
|Beta: Dragon - Squid|
|Return to Na Pali: Predator - Spinner - UMS Space Marine|