- "The Last Command is a fully functional Nuclear Processing Station owned by the LC. This facility’s system oriented layout makes an ideal proving grounds for the Capture the Flag Tournament matches. High Tech voluminous industrial architecture paired with curving maintenance corridors means fighting here will require quick reaction times if your team plans on surviving."
- ―Map description
CTF-Command (whose full name is The Last Command) is a map in Unreal Tournament.
The facility is surrounded by toxic slime, so be cautious. This map requires flexible use of the Translocator to obtain certain pickups and to have an advantage over the enemy team.
Map description Edit
It is an asymmetrical map filled up with curves. It contains three main areas: Red Base, Blue Base, and center.
The Red Base is an horizontal O-shaped area surrounded by a large acid pool with two lateral entrances and the flag in the middle point, while the blue base has a vertical V-shape with the flag on top of the highest level.
There are several item-holding chambers serving for various purposes. First, the Blue base has a tube ending in a chamber right above the Red chamber, another shortcut between bases, but only as an attack route. The central chamber is the only two-way attacking route. Finally, each base has a chamber of their own each serving as spawn points and item holders.
The level is also host to a lot of "secret" powerups and items distributed among the bases, so keep an eye open!
Weapons and pickups Edit
|Weapon||Count||Ammo||Weapon Location||Ammo Location|
|Bio Rifle||2||4||1x Red Base, southeast corner, end of the south slime walkway to the base. 1x Blue Base, northwest corner, end of the north entrance to the base.||2x Near the Red base weapon. 2x Near the Blue base weapon.|
|Shock Rifle||1||2||1x Central Area.||2x Near the weapon.|
|Ripper||1||2||1x Red Base, behind a pillar behind the flag.||2x Near the weapon.|
|Minigun||3||8||1x Red Base, end of the North walkway to the base. 1x Blue Base, north side of the flag. 1x Blue base, south side of the flag.||3x Near the Red base weapon. 3x Near the Blue base south weapon. 2x Near the Blue base north weapon.|
|Flak Cannon||2||4||1x Central area, red chamber. 1x Blue Base, blue chamber.||2x Near the Red chamber weapon. 2x Near the Blue chamber weapon.|
|Rocket Launcher||2||2||1x Red Base, platform in front of the flag. 1x Blue Base, in front of the lift.||2x Near the Blue base weapon. 2x Near the Red base weapon.|
|Sniper Rifle||2||2||1x Red Base, bifurcation of the South entrance. 1x Blue Base, south entrance.||1x Near the Blue base weapon.|
|Health Vial||7||4x Blue base, above South entrance to the base, near a column. 3x Red base, bifurcation of the North entrance.|
|Health Pack||16||2x Red base, near the Minigun, end of North walkway. 2x Red base, near the BioRifle, end of the South walkway. 4x Central area. 4x Blue base, next-to-last ramp to the flag. 4x Blue base, chamber to Red central chamber.|
|Body Armor||2||1x Inside the Red central chamber. 1x Inside the Blue central chamber.|
|Shield Belt||1||1x Above passage between red chanber and central area, hidden.|
|Invisibility||1||1x Red base, tube above south bifurcation.|
|Damage Amplifier||2||1x Red base, tube above north bifurcation. 1x Blue base, tube above south entrance.|
Tips and tricks Edit
- As a blue base defender, you might want to keep an eye on the back path to the flag, in order to avoid unnecessary risks.
- As a red base defender, you might want to control the entrance above the chamber on your side of the central area.
- In botmatches, you might want to exploit the red side of the central area as much as you can, if you attack, as bots won't translocate through it. Bear in mind, though, you have only one exit when carrying the flag. Also, practice translocating to it.
- This map does not appear in the PlayStation 2 version of Unreal Tournament.
- Seen at a top-down view, the map has a... suggestive shape.
CliffyB's Notes Edit
- "The issue of symmetry is something we really beat ourselves up over when making the UT maps. At the end of the day we went with a mixed selection; some maps were symmetrical while others weren't. The asymmetrical maps required a ton of testing and we feel that they're pretty well balanced. For instance, in CTF-Command the blue base has a slow lift and long ramp to get to the flag, but there's a back entrance you can access fairly easily if you're good with the translocator."
- ―Cliff Bleszinski
|Capture The Flag maps for Unreal Tournament|
|CTF-Command • CTF-Coret • CTF-Dreary • CTF-EternalCave • CTF-Face • CTF-Gauntlet • CTF-LavaGiant • CTF-Niven • CTF-November • CTF-Tutorial|
|Bonus Packs 1-4: CTF-Beatitude • CTF-Cybrosis][ • CTF-Darji16 • CTF-EpicBoy • CTF-Face-SE • CTF-Face][ • CTF-HallOfGiants • CTF-High • CTF-Hydro16 • CTF-Kosov • CTF-Noxion16 • CTF-Nucleus • CTF-Orbital • CTF-Ratchet|
|Console maps: CTF-Phalanx • CTF-Sepulchre • CTF-Spirito • CTF-StormFront • CTF-Sundial|
|Chaos UT GOTY maps: CTF-CUT_ChaosCastle-pf • CTF-CUT_Horus|