CTF-Niven (whose full name is Niven Experimental Lab) is a map appearing in Unreal Tournament. The arena is a multi-tiered defensive map, which will give you a rough time in tracking down the enemy flag carrier. You can also do the same to your opponents as well.
Map description Edit
It is a simple map which can hold up to four players, two on each team. The map consists on two bases connected to the central area with "?"-shaped passages (the Blue/Red Reactor), each holding a Shock Rifle. Each side of the central area and both bases has different weapon/item placement.
The central area is composed by a large reactor which cannot be entered, but players can swim into the coolant (Underwater) below it. There are also two ramps, one per side, leading to some ledges ending in each side of the base.
Weapons and pickups Edit
| Weapon: Central Area, south upper ledge.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon. 2x Coolant pool, inside of a tube. 1x Coolant pool, near entrance to the Blue side of the Central Area.
| Weapon: 1x Blue Reactor. 1x Red Reactor.|
Ammo: 2x Near the Blue Reactor weapon. 2x Near the Red Reactor weapon.
| Weapon: Red Flag Base.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
| Weapon: Blue Flag Base.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon.
| Weapon: At the coolant pool, below the Rocket ledge.|
Ammo: 2x Coolant pool, inside of a tube.
| Weapon: Central Area, north upper ledge.|
Ammo: 2x Near the weapon. 2x Coolant pool, below the Rocket ledge.
|Central Area, below the Blue side ramp.|
|Central Area, below the Red side ramp.|
Tips and tricks Edit
- Practice your shock combo skills, as you'll need to use them a lot in this map.
- Get a lot of health and all the armor you can pick before entering the base. Remember that the enemy base has only one entrance and only one exit.
- While escaping with the flag, try to get the armor and impact-jump your way to the top. It's the fastest route.
- Another alternative is to go to the ramp, without picking anything up, and avoiding the enemy fire. Be prepared, though, if they can get in your way by translocating.
- By all means, except before entering to the enemy base for their flag, avoid the coolant pool like the plague.
- On defense, stay near the Shock Rifle, but far from the doors.
- The map was meant to appear as far as the Botpack220 prototype. Remnants of this are found by opening the map in the editor, where the Rocket Launcher, the Bio Rifle, the Flak Cannon, and their ammo packs are represented by their Unreal counterparts. Furthermore, Prisoner 849's escape pod from the Ending Sequence can be spotted at the level's skybox.
- The PS2 version lacks the underwater route.
See also Edit
|Capture The Flag maps for Unreal Tournament|
|CTF-Beatitude • CTF-Command • CTF-Coret (UT map) • CTF-CybrosisII • CTF-Darji16 • CTF-Dreary • CTF-EpicBoy • CTF-EternalCave • CTF-Face-SE • CTF-FaceII • CTF-Face (UT map) • CTF-Gauntlet • CTF-HallOfGiants • CTF-High • CTF-Hydro16 • CTF-Kosov • CTF-LavaGiant • CTF-November • CTF-Noxion16 • CTF-Nucleus • CTF-Orbital • CTF-Ratchet • CTF-Tutorial|
|Chaos UT maps: CTF-CUT ChaosCastle-pf • CTF-CUT Horus|
|Console maps: CTF-Phalanx • CTF-Sepulchre • CTF-Spirito • CTF-StormFront • CTF-Sundial|