- "Hidden deep within the jungles of the lush planet Valkyrus, this area was used by interplanetary smugglers as a storage location. Any unwitting tourists who stumbled upon the location were systematically tortured to death, hence the name."
- ―Map description
DM-Agony is a map in Unreal Tournament.
Map description Edit
A very popular castle map, with Sidney's signature brushing style. There are several areas in this map.
Players will battle the most at the Central area, composed by a ledge in the upper level and entrances to the North, West and South areas of the map in the lower level, and to the North, Central-East and South areas in the top level. This area holds several powerful weapons and is spatious enough to let players to battle between themselves.
The West area is connected to the Central area by a door, to the South area by a C-shaped passage, and to the North area in both floors. Players can switch between levels by way of a wood ramp connecting them. The upper level has a powerful weapon and the lower floor has plenty of health and an armor, giving the players the chance to either arming themselves a bit more or recover a bit of health and gain some armor.
The North area connects the West and Central areas in the top level, and the West, Central-East and Central areas in the lower level. It holds a few ammo packs.
The Central-East area is connected to the Southeast area by way of a series of wood ledges in the lower floor and an inverted-C passage at the top level with a wooden bridge and ledge crossing over it. It's also connected to the North area in the lower level by way of an inverted-C passage holding a powerful item.
The South area is connected to the Central area and the Southeast area by way of doors. There's also a passage leading to a lift; another connection to the upper level. And, lastly, it's connected to the West area by way of a C-shaped passage which holds a powerful weapon.
Finally, the Southeast area can be divided in two parts: the West one, which holds a powerful item in an wood ramp, and the East one, holding a weapon and a ladder to the Upper level.
Weapons & pickups Edit
|Weapon||Count||Ammo||Weapon Location||Ammo Location|
|Bio Rifle||1||1||Central area, upper level, near the Central-East entrances.||Near the weapon.|
|Shock Rifle||1||4||Central area, lower level, in the Northeast corner.||2x Near the weapon. 1x Central-East area, upper floor. 1x North area, upper floor, northwest corner.|
|Pulse Gun||1||6||South area, upper floor, north ledge.||2x South area, upper floor, South ledge. 2x Southeast area, at the very top of the stairs leading to Central-East. 1x Southeast area, at the lowest point of the Shield Belt ramp. 1x Southeast area, near the Shield Belt.|
|Ripper||1||4||North & Central-East area passage.||2x Near the weapon. 1x North area, lower floor, northwest corner. 1x Southeast area, at the lowest point of the Shield Belt ramp.|
|Minigun||1||5||Southeast area, east part, at the lower point of the stairs to the Central-East area||2x Near the weapon. 1x North area, lower floor, northwest corner. 1x Southeast area, near the Shield Belt. 1x North area, upper floor, northwest corner.|
|Flak Cannon||1||3||At the C-shaped passage conencting the West and South areas.||1x Central-East area, upper floor. 2x Central area, lower floor.|
|Rocket Launcher||1||2||West area, upper floor, near the higher end of the ramp.||1x Near the weapon. 1x Central-East area, upper floor, at the lower point of the upper ramp.|
|Sniper Rifle||1||3||Inverted-C corner connecting the North and Central areas, upper floor.||1x Near the weapon. 1x Central-East area, upper floor, at the lower point of the upper ramp.|
|Redeemer||1||-||In the ledge near the Sniper Rifle and the Thighpads.|
|Health Vial||19||5x 2x South area, upper floor, South ledge. 4x Southeast area, east part, at the lower point of the stairs to the Central-East area. 5x Northwest area, lower floor, near the entrance to the North area. 5x Near the Shield Belt.|
|Health Pack||6||2x Central area, upper floor, northeast corner, near the Sniper Rifle. 2x Southeast area, at the opposite side of the lowest wood ramp. 2x West area, lower level, near the Body Armor.|
|Body Armor||1||Below the Rocket Launcher, in the wood ramp area.|
|Thigh Pads||1||In the balcony, near the Sniper Rifle.|
|Shield Belt||1||In the wood ramp near the Minigun.|
Tips & tricks Edit
- You can attack from the Central area to the Central-East area and viceversa with plenty of projectiles.
- This map is a good example of making a player to travel in order to recharge ammo. Although there are some packs near the respective ammos, if a player wants to recharge ammo, they must travel a bit more, encouraging fights and map control. This aspect makes the map very viable for competitive play.
- The Shield Belt ledge can be camp-able, what with the ammo packs and health vials near it. Of course, this being Unreal Tournament, the Shock Rifle can nullify this.
- This map is available in Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition and by installing the Epic Bonus Pack. It's also featured in the console versions from the get-go.
Readme Notes Edit
- "Sidney "Clawfist" Rauchberger has assembled a cool FFA map in the style of Codex, but not as cramped. The Shock Rifle is very dangerous on this map as many of the floors are long and flat and combo moves are easy to do."
- ―Epic Bonus Pack readme