- If you're searching for other versions of the map, you might want to check Recurring maps#Cybrosis.
DM-Cybrosis (whose full name is Cybrosis) is a map appearing in Unreal.
Map description Edit
Cybrosis consists of 2 floors, with large rooms on the bottom floor and mostly corridors and small rooms on the 1st floor. Several electrical beams can be found across the map (7 in total). When a player or bot touches these beams, he/she dies instantly. Most of these beams are near valuable pickups and weapons.
The first floor can be reached via 2 slopes in the east of the map, or with use of the Jump Boots. There are also 2 ledges near these Jump Boots, which can be reached by jumping on the Jump Pad in front.
Weapons and pickups Edit
|Weapon||Count||Ammo||Weapon Location||Ammo Location|
|1||4(*)||South ramps area, between the ramp and the tunnel entrance.||Clips: Near the Automag. Boxes: Near the Minigun.|
|1||2||Upper level passage, in a corner between both entrances.||Spread over the room of the pickup.|
|2||6||1x South side room of the upper level hall. 1x Near the flow leading to the North ramp area.||2x Pillars area, opposite to the Razorjack, 2x Near the SSR ASMD, 1x Near the North ramp entrance ASMD, 1 near Assault Vest in tunnel.|
|1||3||South ramps area, at the ledge near the entrance to the upper level.||1 Next to pickup, 1 near Kevlar suit, 1 near Assault Vest in tunnel.|
|3||5||1x North ramps area, in front of the ramp. 1x Flow leading to the South ramps area. 1x Below the beam at the West area.||2 near the 2 eastern pickups, 1 next to Assault Vest in tunnel.|
|1||2||Pillars area, in a chamber between both rivers.||Next to the weapon pickup.|
|1||2||Pillars area, in a chamber near the entrance to the South ramps area.||Near the weapon.|
|1||3(**)||West area, south upper ledge.||Box: near the pickup. Rounds: near the Assault Vest in the lower tunnel.|
|1||(+)||Pillars area, in a chamber near the south entrance to the West area.||-|
|3||2x southeast room, 1x upper level in the northeast room.|
|1||Below the South ramps area ramp.|
|1||On a high ledge in the west of the room|
|2||1x Tunnel between the North and South ramp areas, 1 in a corridor on the upper level.|
|1||1x North side room of the upper level hall.|
|1||At the end of a walkway, upper level west.|
|1||In the west of the map, lover level.|
Tips and tricks Edit
- One of the most important features of the map are the deadly electrical beams. Just like most other death traps, this can be used to get a few easy frags. Proper aiming and choosing the right projectile is all-important to success. The Flak Cannon (which is widely available in this map) alt-fire does a good job of knocking the opponent back (or up, when aimed properly). If it doesn't push the opponent up into the beam, it will still likely frag it on impact. The Flak's alt-fire is particularly effective in the dead ends this map has. The small rooms housing the GES Biorifle and Minigun don't give bots the room to dodge big projectile like the Flak's alt-fire or rockets, making it an easy frag.
- Also be sure to nose around for pickups. The Superhealth, Kevlar Suit and Rifle are among the pickups that bots will not touch (and will therefore be available for the player).
- This map comes with the Fusion Map Pack, alongside DM-Letting, DM-Loxi, DM-Mojo, DM-Shrapnel and DM-Twilight.
- The map made it's way totally unchanged (with the obvious exception of the item replacements) to the Unreal Tournament betas. It would later undergo an overhaul for the game and be released as DM-Cybrosis][.
Readme notes Edit
See also Edit
|Deathmatch maps for Unreal|
|DmAriza • DmCurse • DmDeathFan • DmDeck16 • DmElSinore • DMfith • DmHealPod • DmMorbias • DmRadikus • DmTundra|
|Bonus Packs: DmBayC • DmCreek • DM-Cybrosis • DmDespair • DmEclipse • DmKrazy • DM-Letting • DmLocke • DM-Loxi • DM-Mojo • DmMorbfanza • DmScruular • DM-Shrapnel • DmSplash • DM-Twilight • DmVilla|