| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Complete the weapon fields with the required info.
The Dispersion Pistol is an automatically recharging energy pistol which fires relatively weak non-hitscan energy bolts. Its secondary fire stores up a charge in the capacitor before releasing it, resulting in a much more powerful bolt with splash damage.
It was built by the Unified Space Military, and was also used by the Unified Military Service guards. This weapon uses a Brilithium Power Core, capable of firing a high-pulse energy bolt that can deterialize a lifeform.
Unreal and Return to Na Pali Edit
In Unreal and RTNP, the Dispersion Pistol is the player's default weapon. As such, it normally fires weak energy bolts. One useful feature is that it recharges energy over time, so it is always available and can save the player ammo for more serious situations. The Dispersion Pistol's projectile also has a light on it to allow the player to see in the dark if they do not have Flares or any other light source. In this vein it is also useful for tasks such as breaking open barrels and crates when searching for items.
Holding the secondary fire button allows energy to build up, letting the player fire more powerful blasts, depending on the amount of time the trigger was held. When it fully charges at the maximum of 500%, it automatically fires and deals splash damage.
This Dispersion Pistol can be upgraded up to four times by using powerups. Each successive powerup morphs the pistol into more elaborate shapes, makes the energy bolts more powerful, increases the reserve capacity, and changes the bolt's primary fire color. However, the upgraded versions take more energy from the reserves, making it useful for only a few powerful shots, and lowers the rate of fire.
Even through there are more than four Dispersion pistol upgrades, excessive ones will have no effect.
Upgrades in Unreal:
1) First one can be found in Rrajigar Mine, in Nali-operated secret located between two "unsafe" bridges over river of lava. The Nali in question somewhat carelessly positioned himself near explosive barrels on rather thin path, while in direct visual (and shooting) range of a lesser brute (who are quite infamous for their "accuracy"). Saving him might require several tries.
2) Second one awaits you at the Terraniux, and located at second floor of structure that separates the three greenhouses from each other. It can be reached in two ways: either from the inside of structure by using bottom elevators (try both, because only one of them can be ridden to second floor) or by using jumpboots from greenhouse B and entering through somewhat concealed door in the middle.
3) The third located at Temple of Vandora. Dive in well with glittering bottom, found just after small yard near start of the level. Roughly in middle, you will find a tunnel on outer wall, that will shortly branch in two. One is a perma-barred dead-end, while other will lead you to a small underground cave with powerup.
4) The fourth is nearly impossible to miss, because it lies in plain viev at Velora Pass. However, picking it up will trigger the battle with Stone titan (and exit door will be locked until he bites the dust). You can bravely destroy beast by gunfire... or lure him away, press the switch he was sitting at, wait a bit and then use the dropbridge to give monster a lethal lava bath.
5) Fifth one might be found in Bluff Eversmoking, by jumping under belltower's lift. Be careful with skaarj trooper that guards the area.
Unreal II: The Awakening Edit
- "While the Dispersion Pistol is a fine weapon for a law enforcement officer, it was not designed for military use and is not effective in high-intensity combat. Use it only as a last resort."
- ―Weapon descriptionUnreal II features a Dispersion pistol known as the LEPEW-13, short for Law Enforcement Personal Energy Weapon, Type 13. It is also called simply Popgun.
The LEPEW-13 was designed by the TCA, and is similar to the version in Unreal. Unlike Unreal's Dispersion Pistol, however, Unreal II's cannot be upgraded, but can hold the fully charged projectile until the player needs it, rather than firing it off as soon as it charges up. Because it is relatively weak, players should primarily use it as a fall-back weapon. However, the alt-fire inflicts a significant amount of electromagnetic damage, quite useful for taking out electronics and machines. A small quantum source in the handle automatically recharges the pistol.
The regular mode fires energy bolts, alternate fire allows energy to build up, creating more powerful blasts. During charge, the weapons starts shaking and, when it's fully charged, requires two hands to hold it.
Overall this is that basic gun that never goes away, because it uses a self recharging energy source. You receive this weapon at the start the game, and have it until the very end. The primary fire of this weapon is a slow-moving energy sphere that is pretty powerful for your "if you only have this gun, run" weapon. Alternate Fire is energy sphere with increase damage that must be charged before firing. This gun will take down some enemies in the beginning of the game, but is less effective against the stronger creatures you meet later in the game.
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict Edit
- "Energy pistols loosely based on TCA dispersion pistol design. Can also fire an energy charge that shocks and immobilizes opponents."
- ―Weapon description
In Unreal Championship 2 the Nakhti dual-wield a weapon called the Nakhti Scorpion, which is based on the TCA's Dispersion Pistol design. The weapon's secondary mode needs to charge like in other versions, but fires a blast that freezes opponents in place.
- "The tournament rules require combatants to use pistols, so Raiden makes his own. Each shot fires a small lightning bolt, and he can also fire a charge that shocks and immobilizes opponents."
- ―Weapon description
Raiden uses Lightning Bolts, fashioned after a set of Nakhti Scorpions using electrical energy. The weapons fire lightning bolts, but functions in much the same as actual Nakhti Scorpions.
Tips and tricks Edit
- The Dispersion Pistol in the 1998 beta fired the same projectiles as the Skaarj; small energy bolts.