|If you're searching for other versions of this map, you might want to check Recurring maps#DeathFan.|
DmDeathFan (whose full name is Death Fan) is a map in Unreal.
Map description Edit
This map is set in what seems to be a large vertical wind tunnel. There are two levels, connected by elevators on opposite sides of the tunnel, and both consist of a number of (slightly narrow) walkways. Most of these walkways are located in the center of the map, but there is a path against the side of the tunnel on the lower level that could potentially save a player from falling down. Beneath these walkways, at the bottom of the map is a large fan, where the map got its name from. Falling down the walkways will result in death. Players spawn on the upper level, near the sides of the tunnel near either a Rifle pickup, or near the ASMD and Razorjack. There are no health/armor pickups, except for one Super Health in the middle of the tunnel, on the lower floor.
Weapons and pickups Edit
|Weapon||Count||Ammo||Weapon Location||Ammo Location|
|ASMD||2||8||1x on each side of the lower floor.||2x in the SW, SE, NW and NE corners of the lower level.|
|Razorjack||2||4||1x on each side of the holographic bridge.||2x next to each weapon pickup.|
|Rifle||2||4||1x on each platform at the ends of the map.||2x next to each weapon pickup.|
|Super Health Pack||1||In the center of the map, on the lower level.|
Tips and tricks Edit
- One should clearly be careful when dodging on the walkways to prevent falling down. However, the layout can also be used to one's advantage.
- Practice cautious jumps to gain an advantage.
- Use the ASMD in battle, since it has the biggest chance of the 3 weapons to knock the opponent off the walkways. The shock combo is particularly effective at this.
- When afraid of falling down, the Rifle location is probably the safest spot to shoot from. These spots only overlook about half the map though, giving the opponent plenty of space to hide.
- The map was considered for Unreal Tournament, and in fact appeared, untouched, in the betas. Needless to say, it didn't made the cut.
- A similar thematic was applied in the map DM-Insidious from UT200X.
See also Edit
|Deathmatch maps for Unreal|
|DmAriza • DmCurse • DmDeathFan • DmDeck16 • DmElSinore • DMfith • DmHealPod • DmMorbias • DmRadikus • DmTundra|
|Bonus Packs: DmBayC • DmCreek • DM-Cybrosis • DmDespair • DmEclipse • DmKrazy • DM-Letting • DmLocke • DM-Loxi • DM-Mojo • DmMorbfanza • DmScruular • DM-Shrapnel • DmSplash • DM-Twilight • DmVilla|