| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add tips and tricks.
- If you're searching for the UT2003/2004 gametype, you might want to check Double Domination.
In this gametype, up to four teams duke it out for scoring the most amount of points by taking control of special control points spread among the maps. These points are marked with an X, if no team is taking it, or with a team's color and logotype, if said team is in control of it.
To take control of a location, players must touch it's control point. When they do that, said point's shape and color changes to reflect their team's symbol and color.
Domination enhances the basic teamplay HUD by adding control point status indicators to the left side of your screen. Each indicator shows the name and current status of a control point. Every control point in a domination map has a unique name. A grey X symbol of a control point indicates that no team is in control of that location.
For each control point taken, the team scores 1 point every 5 seconds. The more locations a team controls the faster their score increases.
If a team controls no checkpoints, no points will be given.
The winning team is the one with the most amount of points at the end of the time, or the first team which reaches the score limit.
|Domination maps for Unreal Tournament|
|DOM-Bullet • DOM-CiDom • DOM-Cinder • DOM-Coagulate • DOM-Condemned • DOM-Cryptic • DOM-Gearbolt • DOM-Ghardhen • DOM-Hood • DOM-Lament • DOM-LamentII • DOM-Leadworks • DOM-MetalDream • DOM-Olden • DOM-Osiris • DOM-Sesmar • DOM-Tutorial • DOM-WolfsBay|
Tips and tricks Edit
- A fully armed player can camp around a control point, to prevent it from being accessed by the enemy players.
- Mastering the Translocator can help the player to reach the control points and other hard to reach areas in a much efficient manner.
- The more control points a team secure at a time, the faster the team score climbs.
- It is common for bots to "camp" by a checkpoint.
- The mode itself hasn't appeared since this game in the series, however, it has several spiritual successors, namely Double Domination and, to an extent, Onslaught/Warfare. It has, however, appeared in other games such as OpenArena and Quake Live.
Author's notes Edit
See also Edit
- Double Domination, a variant present in Unreal Championship, Unreal Tournament 2003, and Unreal Tournament 2004.
|Gametypes for Unreal Tournament|
|Assault • Capture the Flag • Deathmatch • Last Man Standing • Rocket Arena: UT • Single player • Team Deathmatch|