|The following is a meta-article, which explains a concept which usually falls out of one of the wiki's categorizations, yet it's still important to explain something.|
Official PC Edit
- If you're searching for a download page containing all official patches for Unreal, Return to Na Pali, and Unreal Tournament, you might want to check this page.
- Unreal 226 Final for the Windows original version. Use it if you have the first, original version of Unreal, not bundled. Does not support connecting to RTNP and 227 servers.
- Unreal 226a for the Windows original version. Use it if you have the first, original version of Unreal.
- Unreal 225 Final for the Windows original version. Use it if you have the first, original version of Unreal, not bundled. This version is the best official version for servers and to some extent to clients.
- Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali 226b Patch. Upgrades the mission pack to the 226 code base. It includes several network and Direct3D fixes, and adds the Unreal Tournament interface. Use this path for the original RTNP only. Supports connecting to Unreal servers.
- Rich Text fix. Use if you are having problems with the Unreal Editor. For all compilations of Unreal except 227.
- UnrealEd Fix 4. Use if you are having problems with the Unreal Editor. For all compilations of Unreal except 227.
Official Mac Edit
Unofficial PC Edit
- Unreal unofficial 227h Release Candidate 2 Hotfix patch by OldUnreal. Adds a lot of new functionality and support for nowadays PCs to Unreal. See this page for the full list of new functions and commands. Note: If using RTNP, UnrealGold, TotallyUnreal or Unreal Anthology, install the UnrealGold patch. If you install the UnrealClassic patch, the installation will revert to the original Unreal. File Date: April 7 2008
- Unreal Multimedia Patch by OldUnreal. This includes OpenGL video, OpenAL and FMOD audio drivers as well as a S3TC converter. For 226f Unreal only.
- Unreal Gold Multimedia Patch by OldUnreal. This includes OpenGL video, OpenAL and FMOD audio drivers as well as a S3TC converter. For 226 UnrealGold only.
- Unreal Anthology Multimedia Patch and Net Patch by OldUnreal. This includes OpenGL video, OpenAL and FMOD audio drivers, a S3TC converter and fixes the incompatibility between UnrealGold and Unreal Anthology servers and clients. For Unreal Anthology only.
- Unreal Anthology Multimedia Patch by OldUnreal. This includes OpenGL video, OpenAL and FMOD audio drivers as well as a S3TC converter. For Unreal Anthology only. Already included in the Unreal Anthology Multimedia Patch and Net Patch.
- Unreal Anthology Net Patch by OldUnreal. This includes only the Net fix for the Anthology Box to play on UnrealGold Servers. For Unreal Anthology only. Already included in Unreal Anthology Multimedia Patch and Net Patch.
- Unreal unofficial 227f Release Candidate patch for Linux by OldUnreal. Adds the same functionality as the version for Windows, but also includes a native Linux port. You need to install Unreal first by using Wine, and then use this installer. Note: full functionality is only for Unreal users. If installed on RTNP, UnrealGold, TotallyUnreal or Unreal Anthology, will revert them to the original Unreal.
- Unreal and Patch 227f Release Candidate installer for Linux. This is a GUI installer for Unreal and the 227f patch. Requires Unreal or UnrealGold CD.
Map packs Edit
- Fusion Map Pack - Includes the maps DM-Cybrosis, DM-Letting, DM-Loxi, DM-Mojo, DM-Shrapnel and DM-Twilight.
- Division Map Pack - Includes the previously limited-release and cut maps DmBayC, DmCreek, DmDespair, DmEclipse, DmKrazy, DmLocke, DmMorbfanza, DmScruular, DmSplash and DmVilla.
S3TC Textures Edit
- High Resolution Textures. Replace client-side textures with the S3TC-compressed ones to get a lot more world detail. For all compilations of Unreal. Note: do not use these server-side.
Unreal Tournament Edit
- UT 436 Patch - for retail version. Not needed for Unreal Anthology users.
- UT 436 Dedicated Server Package - standalone dedicated server package.
- UT 436 NoDelta Patch - if you have CD reading problems, or obtained it bundled, this is for you.
- UT Denial of Service Patch - this fix causes the UT server to correctly process ICMP port unreachable messages, and disconnect any connection it receives one for. This solves the Windows 2000 creeping ping problem and a denial of service attack. Users not running UT servers do not need to apply this patch.
- Epic's Updated OpenGL Renderer - Updated OpenGLDrv.dll for Unreal Tournament. Official, but not as good as the UTGLR renderers.
- UT 436 PKG Commandlet
- UTPG 451b Patch - created by the UT Preservation Group, for either GOTY or retail version. You need to upgrade first to 436. Beware, though, as it breaks the Unreal Editor.
- Oldunreal Multimedia Patches for UnrealTournament - Multimedia patches, which include updates both for graphics and sound. This update adds support for OpenAL and FMOD sound systems. Note: Use this before adding the enhanced OpenGL and D3D renderers.
- Enhanced Renderers for Unreal Tournament - updates the OpenGL and D3D renderers to the latest versions. Highly recommended. Note: Add this after using the Oldunreal Multimedia Patches.
- D3D10 Renderers for Unreal engine - latest D3D renderers for DirectX10 and DirectX11 on Windows Vista and later. See details for installation.
- UT 436 Linux Retail Full - a Linux installer for the retail Unreal Tournament version.
- UT 436 Linux Patch - use after installing Unreal Tournament with the UT 436 Linux Full installer.
- UTPG 451b Patch - created by the UT Preservation Group, for either GOTY or retail version. You need to upgrade first to 436.
- UT 436 Linux GOTY Install - a Linux installer for the retail Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition.
- UT Denial of Service Patch - this is the Linux server patch that addresses the same problems as the Windows fix. UT server admins are encouraged to apply this patch.
- libglib - libgtk1.2: Required files for Linux installers to be able to run on Debian/Ubuntu, as the installers use older versions of these libraries. More info here.
- UT 436 Mac Patch - Requires retail PC version of Unreal Tournament.
- If you're searching for the contents of each Bonus Pack, you might want to check Bonus content#Unreal Tournament.
- UT Bonus Pack 1 (UMOD) - also called Epic Bonus Pack. If you have the GOTY edition, you do not need this pack.
- UT Bonus Pack 2 (ZIP) - also called Digital Extremes pack. If you have the GOTY edition, you do not need this pack. Also, do not overwrite the de.u package as this will lead to network incompatibility.
- UT Bonus Pack 3 (UMOD) - also called Inoxx Map pack. If you have the GOTY edition, you do not need this pack.
- ZIP version, use it if .umod files don't work.
- UT Bonus Pack 4 (UMOD) - also called The Christmas 2000 Pack.
- UT Official Bonus Pack collection - Installer containing the Bonus Packs 1, 2, 3 and 4 for Linux.
- Assault Bonus Pack (UMOD) - Recommended by CliffyB himself.
- Community Tribute Classic Vol. 1
- Community Tribute Classic Vol. 2
- Community Tribute Classic Vol. 3 version 1.1
- Frags of Time, Part 1
- Frags of Time, Part 2
- Flags of Time v2.0
- Fusion of Time
- Forts of Time, volume 1
- Forts of Time, volume 2
- Fate of Time
- Infiltration - Mod recommended by CliffyB and GreenMarine themselves.
- Eavy's Darkmatch III - Recommended by CliffyB himself.
- Rocket Arena (UMOD)
- Chaos UT
- EAX Patch. In order to use the EAX sound enhancements, you will have to download and install this patch first.
- Unreal Tournament EAX-enhanced CTF Levels. Install this after installing the EAX patch.
- Unreal Tournament EAX-enhanced DM Levels. Install this after installing the EAX patch.
- High Resolution Textures. Replace client-side textures with the S3TC-compressed ones to get a lot more world detail. For all compilations of Unreal Tournament. Note: do not use these server-side.
Unreal II: The Awakening Edit
- Unreal II: The Awakening 1403 Patch - Fixes a variety of issues with the retail version of Unreal II: The Awakening. Also known as patch 2001. Not needed for Unreal Anthology. US version.
- eXpanded MultiPlayer Full Version 6497 - Upgrades your full version of Unreal II: The Awakening to Unreal II: Special Edition (XMP), with 8 new levels and online Expanded MultiPlayer action. US version.
- eXpanded MultiPlayer Patch 7710 - Updates XMP from version 6497 to the last official version 7710. For the US version.
- [European eXpanded MultiPlayer Full Version 7710] European version.
- Unreal II Expanded Multiplayer Community Edition Installer - a newer version of the XMP installer. It already contains the two patches, the most popular maps and mutators and the latest server configuration.
- Server Browser Fix - a thread describing what you need to make your U2XMP server browser work.
- Unreal II: The Awakening Demo - Fully-playable demo of Unreal II: The Awakening.
- Unreal II: XMP Demo - Fully-playable demo of Unreal II: Special Edition (XMP), contains one level (XMP-Garden).
Unreal Tournament 2003 Edit
Note: you'll need to get a valid dedicated server key, available from here.
- If you're searching for the contents, you might want to check #Bonus Content.
- UT2003 Demo v2206 for Windows - You can also download a patch and another patch for the demo.
- UT2003 Demo v2206 for Linux
- UT2003 Demo v2206 for Macintosh - You can also download a patch for the demo.
- Epic's UT2003 BrightSkins - client-side patch for UT2004-style brighter skins.
- UT2003 2225 Patch Source
- UT2003 2225 Debug .U Files
- UPaint 1.0.2 Patch
Unreal Tournament 2004 Edit
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 3369 for Windows. Note: this must be installed before the 64bit patch if you have an x64 OS; you don't need it if you have the MegaPack or the Anthology version of UT2004.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 3369 for Windows x64 Editions. Note: this must be installed after the usual Windows 3369 patch; the increase in performance is questionable; Uses newer drivers not fully supported by UT2004; Requires Windows x64 editions.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 3369.2 for Linux.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Patch 3369 for Macintosh. Note: already includes ECE 1.1 Bonus Pack.
- Patch 3369-1, includes a crashfix.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 X-Fi Sound Blaster Patch - Patch released by Creative to take advantage of X-Fi Sound Blaster sound cards.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Logitech G15 Patch - Adds support for Logitech G15 keyboards. Note: not compatible with the X-Fi patch.
- UT2004 Mega Pack for Windows. Includes all Editor's Choice Edition bonus content, the latest patch v3369 and nine new maps.
- UT2004 Mega Pack for Linux. Identical to Windows one, but for Linux.
- Streamline Bonus Map: AS-Confexia. A massive vehicle-based Assault map from Streamline Studios.
- Epic Bonus Map: ONS-Icarus. Onslaught map by Chris "Plutonic" Blundell.
- UT2004 Community Bonus Pack 1
- UT2004 Community Bonus Pack 2 Volume 1
- http://ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=BonusPacks/&file=cbp2-volume2_zip.zip UT2004 Community Bonus Pack 2 Volume 2]
- Ultimate Community Map Pack Volumes 1-4. Includes 44 professional maps for UT2004.
- DM-TheDeck2004. One of the Ownage maps in UT2004's in-game community tab.
- DM-1on1-Nagem. The other Ownage map from UT2004, CliffyB named it as such before his Ownage site went down.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo 3334 for Windows
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo 3334 for Linux
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo 3334 for Mac
Unreal Tournament 3 Edit
- UT3 2.1 Patch - Latest patch for Unreal Tournament 3.
- UT3 Titan Pack - This pack adds 16 new maps, two new game types, and more. Also includes all 3 maps from the first bonus pack.
- UT3 PhysX Mod Pack - Bonus pack from NVIDIA, featuring three maps with advanced PhysX technology.
See also Edit
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found