The Fly is an enemy in Unreal.
These creatures have the shape of oversized dragonflies, with the tail of a scorpion, and roam small areas of Na Pali. Natives of the planet, they are aggressive against anyone but have difficulties advancing to other locations in the presence of other flying creatures such as Mantas.
The tactics used by the Fly to attack its prey are simple. They fly towards their prey as fast as possible, (ignoring all incoming attacks), and use the sting found on their tail's tip to attack. They are slow and weak, but capable of ambushing the enemy when it least expects it. When they aren't attacking, they'll just roam their area by flying or crawling.
- Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali
Tips and tricks Edit
- The Fly is arguably one of the weakest foes in the game. Their buzzing sound gives them away immediately, and their low health and speed make them easy to defeat. Use the Dispersion Pistol or Automag to avoid wasting firepower.
- Like Pupae, they are easy to deal with one at a time, but can be dangerous when found in swarms.
- Unlike a Manta, Flies are easily killed and can be taken out with any weapon. They are also slower than Mantas, and can be more easily targeted. They do, however, have an extremely small outline when facing the player, and follow you until they kill or are killed.
- According to their scripts and animations, Flies were supposed to have a long-ranged attack as well, shot from their tails. The idea was dropped, probably to make them less dangerous.
- The actual name of their class is RazorFlies.
See also Edit
|Monsters: Behemoth - Brute - Cave Manta - Devilfish - Fly - Gasbag - Giant Gasbag - Ice Skaarj - Krall - Krall Elite - Lesser Brute - Manta - Mercenary - Mercenary Elite - Pupae - Skaarj Assassin - Skaarj Berserker - Skaarj Gunner - Skaarj Infantry - Skaarj Lord - Skaarj Officer - Skaarj Scout - Skaarj Sniper - Skaarj Trooper - Skaarj Warrior - Slith - Tentacle - Titan|
|Bosses: Skaarj Queen - Stone Titan - Warlord|
|NPCs and other creatures: Baby Cow - Biterfish - Bloblet - Horsefly - Nali - Nali Bird - Nali Cow - Nali Priest - Nali Rabbit|
|Beta: Dragon - Squid|