| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add images.
|If you're searching for other versions of the weapon, you might want to check Grenade Launcher.|
- "Easily one of the most diverse weapons in current use, the Grenade Launcher can fire up to eight grenades at a time, either seeding an entire area for later detonation, or directly targeting enemies. Lined with electrostatic emitters, each grenade adheres to both enemy vehicles and infantry, the detonation of which lies completely in the hands of the weapon holder. When employed with creativity and timing, the Grenade Launcher can be a very powerful weapon."
- ―Weapon description
The Grenade Launcher is a weapon in Unreal Tournament 2004.
Introduced in UT2004 for the Onslaught gametype, Grenade Launchers shoot out projectiles which will bounce or roll until they lose momentum or until they encounter an objective, player, or enemy vehicle. Upon encountering one of these obstacles, the grenades will stick to that object and explode when the player who shot the grenades presses Secondary Fire, or when that player dies.
One of the most effective weapons against stationary targets, and mobile as well, if wielded correctly.
Tips and tricks Edit
- An interesting application is to attach a grenade to a teammate (if friendly fire is off) and then have that teammate go on a suicide run into the enemy base. The exploding grenade will not hurt the teammate, but it will hurt whoever is around him or her.
- An extension of the above tactic is to fill a vehicle with grenades then place it in a highly visible position. When an enemy spots the vehicle and commandeers it, detonate the grenades to kill him. A word of caution, though: this is a VERY dirty tactic and should not be used against human players (or prepare for heavy verbal attacks).
- Another possible method is to fill a Manta with grenades, then jump in and go on a kamikaze run.
See also Edit
- UMS Grenade Launcher - from Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali
- Hydra Grenade Launcher - from Unreal II: The Awakening
- Grenade Launcher (UT4)