| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add bio, physical appearance.
- Further information: w:c:mortalkombat:Raiden
- "As an Elder God, Raiden has been cursed with seeing the devastation to come. When the Gods stood firm on their decision not to interfere in the ways of mortals, Raiden pleaded with them to take action, but they refused. Disgusted, he relinquished his immortal status to travel amongst the realms, gathering the support of the greatest of warriors against the coming storm. And there is no better place to recruit the champions of the galaxy than the Liandri Tournament."
- ―UC2 character description
Physical appearance Edit
Frag taunts Edit
- Raiden: "Fatality"
- Raiden: "I am a god"
- Raiden: "Mortality is your weakness."
- Raiden: "Your god has abandoned you."
- Raiden: "The outworld awaits."
- Raiden: "You fight like Johnny Cage."
- Raiden: "The speed of lightning."
- Raiden: "Death by electrocution."
- Raiden: "Flawless victory."
- Raiden: "All will fear the new God of Thunder."
- Raiden: "I see everything."
- Raiden: "Your soul is safe, but your life is not."
- Raiden: "I have returned."
- Raiden: "Value your humanity!"
- Raiden: "I am real."
Death taunts Edit
- Raiden: "Impressive."
- Raiden: "A fine shot."
- Raiden: "You are a warrior."
- Raiden: "I cannot truly die."
- Raiden: "I am immortal."
- Raiden: "Shocking."
- Raiden: "Mortals can overcome any obstacle."
- Raiden: "What have you done?"
- Raiden: "Didn't have a clue."
- Raiden: "I tire of the Earthrealm."
- Raiden: "I will punish you."
- Raiden: "I am only testing you."
- Raiden: "I will re-form."
- Raiden: "You have trained well."
- Raiden: "I am proud to die."
Death taunts (camping, etc) Edit
- Raiden: "Pray."
- Raiden: "Run, mortal."
- Raiden: "My patience for mortals has worn thin."
- Raiden: "You're a coward. Stand and fight!"
- Raiden: "Only your fear can defeat you."
- Raiden: "I seek warriors, not cowards."
- "Flawless victory", an obvious reference to the MK series, is used in Unreal Tournament 2004 by the announcer when a match was won by you or your team without the enemy rival(s) or team scoring a point.
- Raiden is voiced by Chase Ashbaker, who reprises his role from Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. He also voices Raiden in the following MK games until 2007's Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.
- Related to Deadly Alliance, one of Raiden's taunts is "You fight like Johnny Cage!". UC2 came at the same time than Deadly Alliance, and in that game there's a poster for a movie called "Mortal Kombat: The Death of Johnny Cage", which features Johnny dying repeatedly, also an in-series nod to the amount of times Johnny Cage died (canonically, to boot!) in the original MK timeline.
- Raiden has two character-specific Adrenaline combos, "Teleport" and "Stun Trap". In Mortal Kombat X, which was released almost a decade later than UC2, two of his variations ("Displacer" and "Master of Storms" -preciously "Storm Lord") specializes in these respective powers, and the road to his reveal also included series' creator Ed Boon tweeting Raiden's UC2 gameplay video.
- Just Raiden appearing in this game, considering that every Mortal Kombat game starting with 2008's Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe runs on some version of the Unreal Engine.
- The line "My patience for mortals has worn thin". The next year (2006) would see the release of Mortal Kombat: Deception, where Raiden sacrifices himself in order to stop the Dragon King Onaga and ends up reviving as a dark god hellbent on making humanity to suffer.
- Raiden @ Mortal Kombat Wiki
See also Edit
|Characters from Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict|
|Arclite, Anubis, Brock, Devastation, Gorge, Lauren, Malcolm, Raiden, Raptor, Sapphire, Selket, Sobek, Szalor, Torgr|
|DLC: Apophis, Calypso, Garek, Jackhammer, Judas, Kraag, Lilith, Merc Anubis, Necris Selket, Syzygy|