| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add bio, physical appearance.
- Further information: w:c:mortalkombat:Raiden
Physical appearance Edit
Frag taunts Edit
- Raiden: "Fatality"
- Raiden: "I am a god"
- Raiden: "Mortality is your weakness."
- Raiden: "Your god has abandoned you."
- Raiden: "The outworld awaits."
- Raiden: "You fight like Johnny Cage."
- Raiden: "The speed of lightning."
- Raiden: "Death by electrocution."
- Raiden: "Flawless victory."
- Raiden: "All will fear the new God of Thunder."
- Raiden: "I see everything."
- Raiden: "Your soul is safe, but your life is not."
- Raiden: "I have returned."
- Raiden: "Value your humanity!"
- Raiden: "I am real."
Death taunts Edit
- Raiden: "Impressive."
- Raiden: "A fine shot."
- Raiden: "You are a warrior."
- Raiden: "I cannot truly die."
- Raiden: "I am immortal."
- Raiden: "Shocking."
- Raiden: "Mortals can overcome any obstacle."
- Raiden: "What have you done?"
- Raiden: "Didn't have a clue."
- Raiden: "I tire of the Earthrealm."
- Raiden: "I will punish you."
- Raiden: "I am only testing you."
- Raiden: "I will re-form."
- Raiden: "You have trained well."
- Raiden: "I am proud to die."
Death taunts (camping, etc) Edit
- Raiden: "Pray."
- Raiden: "Run, mortal."
- Raiden: "My patience for mortals has worn thin."
- Raiden: "You're a coward. Stand and fight!"
- Raiden: "Only your fear can defeat you."
- Raiden: "I seek warriors, not cowards."
- "Flawless victory", an obvious reference to the MK series, is used in Unreal Tournament 2004 by the announcer when a match was won by you or your team without the enemy rival(s) or team scoring a point.
- Raiden is voiced by Chase Ashbaker, who reprises his role from Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. He also voices Raiden in the following MK games until 2007's Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.
- Related to Deadly Alliance, one of Raiden's taunts is "You fight like Johnny Cage!". UC2 came at the same time than Deadly Alliance, and in that game there's a poster for a movie called "Mortal Kombat: The Death of Johnny Cage", which features Johnny dying repeatedly, also an in-series nod to the amount of times Johnny Cage died (canonically, to boot!) in the original MK timeline.
- Raiden has two character-specific Adrenaline combos, "Teleport" and "Stun Trap". In Mortal Kombat X, which was released almost a decade later than UC2, two of his variations ("Displacer" and "Master of Storms" -preciously "Storm Lord") specializes in these respective powers, and the road to his reveal also included series' creator Ed Boon tweeting Raiden's UC2 gameplay video.
- Just Raiden appearing in this game, considering that every Mortal Kombat game starting with 2008's Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe runs on some version of the Unreal Engine.
- The line "My patience for mortals has worn thin". The next year (2006) would see the release of Mortal Kombat: Deception, where Raiden sacrifices himself in order to stop the Dragon King Onaga and ends up reviving as a dark god hellbent on making humanity to suffer.
- Raiden @ Mortal Kombat Wiki
See also Edit
|Characters from Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict|
|Arclite, Anubis, Brock, Devastation, Gorge, Lauren, Malcolm, Raiden, Raptor, Sapphire, Selket, Sobek, Szalor, Torgr|
|DLC: Apophis, Calypso, Garek, Jackhammer, Judas, Kraag, Lilith, Merc Anubis, Necris Selket, Syzygy|