Return to Na Pali Intro (whose full name is Return to Na Pali intro) is a map appearing in Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali.
Map description Edit
Intro1.unr is a cinematic depicting the player's rescue from his Skaarj escape pod by the UMS Bodega Bay. Intro2.unr is a flashback sequence showing scenes from NyLeve's Falls, Harobed Village and Nali Castle. InterIntro.unr is the first of the game's many intermissions between levels, in which the player's own thoughts are spoken in the form of a first "Log Entry".
The story follows on directly from that of Unreal, after an unknown lapse of time.
The intro starts with an asteroid field; the camera moves through it. Titles begin to show:
- GT Interactive
- Epic Games
- and Legend Entertainment
- Unreal: Return to Na Pali
When the titles end, the Skaarj escape pod lies adrift beyond an asteroid belt above the planet's atmosphere. You do not know for how long you've been up here, but your sentence is about to end.
A huge Terran military battlecruiser enters orbit of the planet, and starts to tractor you in. Between the bridge of the battle cruiser and the control base for that area of space, a communication takes place:
- UMS Bodega Bay: "Deep space warship UMS Bodega Bay requesting a priority translight transmission with UMS sector control."
- Starlight Base: "Bodega Bay, this is Starlight Base, go ahead."
- UMS Bodega Bay: "Starlight Base, we picked up a life pod of alien origin as we came into orbit, with one human survivor aboard who claims to have escaped from the planet. The survivor will not disclose identity even under interrogation. DNA Scans are being uploaded for identification, please advise."
- Starlight Base: "Stand by Bodega Bay... Bodega Bay your survivor is UMS prisoner 849, last assigned to prison transport vessel Vortex Rikers. Vortex Rikers recently disappeared in your sector; prisoner 849 is classified as missing, and presumed dead."
- UMS Bodega Bay: "Starlight Base, permission to use the rescued prisoner for operation Talon Hunter. The prisoner has extensive knowledge of the planetary surface and hazards. Prisoner 849 is the natural choice to search for the wreck of the Prometheus and recover the Talon data cores."
- Starlight Base: "Bodega Bay, you are clear to take whatever steps are necessary to ensure the success of operation Talon Hunter."
Prisoner 849 is now sent back to Na Pali with a mission assigned by the team of UMS Bodega, a military warship now in space. Now better prepared than the last time, Prisoner 849's log entry explains the reasons for being the chosen one:
Little does Prisoner 849 know what lies ahead, but soon everything will be unfolded.