| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add missing images, UT4 info
The Translocator was a device originally used as a personal teleportation before also becoming a weapon in the Unreal Tournament series.
It can be used to gain access to weapons that would otherwise be unaccessable. Teleporting while in possession of the flag is impossible, when a player attempts to teleport with the flag it is dropped at the location from where the teleport was initated form.
Unreal Tournament Edit
- Personal Teleportation Device
- Primary Fire
- Launches the destination module. Throw the module to the location you would like to teleport to.
- Secondary Fire
- Activates the Translocator and teleports the user to the destination module.
- Throw your destination module at another player and then activate the secondary fire, and you will telefrag your opponent! If you press your primary fire button while activating your Translocator with secondary fire, the last weapon you had selected will automatically return once you have translocated.
Unreal Championship and Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 Edit
The Translocator on Unreal Tournament 2003 was slightly changed from the UT version. It now has 5 destination modules that slowly regenerates, making the Translocator slower for the recharge rate. The destination module only drains when you teleport, not if you return it with the primary fire again or pick it up. In addition the Translocator now has an internal camera that is activated by pressing the translocator key again, usually Q. This allows you to see what is happening in the place you are going to teleport to or for scouting without being detected. When using the camera, though, you are a sitting duck and can be easily taken down in open areas. If the destination module is hit with weaponry, it becomes corrupt and using both teleport and return module function will cause a telefrag on the Translocator user. With the internal camera, though, it is possible to see if the module is broken or not. The only safe way to use the Translocator again without dying is to pick up the module by hand.
The Translocator in UT2004 is nearly the same as in UT2003, the only differences being that the model is different and that it has gained one more charge.
Unreal Tournament 3 Edit
The translocator functions more or less identically as ever. Of note are the again-increased amount of pucks (7 charges now, refreshes at about 1 charge per second) and the again-tweaked trajectory - it flies lower and faster than UT2004, but not quite as far as UT.
Unreal Tournament 4 Edit
Tips and tricks Edit
- To execute a kill you must teleport on top of an enemy.
- The Translocator was introduced in Unreal Tournament to complement the Tournament's new Capture the Flag gametype.