| This article is a stub. You can help the Unreal Wiki by expanding it.|
What needs to be done: Add physical description.
Xan Kriegor is a character in the Unreal series.
In 2283 Xan led the LBX-7683 Robot Uprising in which several robots turned against the humans on the asteroid, prompting Liandri to send in a tactical squad to quell the rebellion. Xan was captured and resisted several memory wipes but was eventually reprogrammed.
Liandri later entered Xan into the underground Tournaments, which later grew into the legally-sanctioned Liandri Grand Tournament. Xan became the the leader of The Corrupt, a Liandri-sponsored team. Xan won at least two Tournaments during this time. Many people believed at this time that Xan was in fact Jerl Liandri, the founder of the Liandri Corporation, wearing power armor, presumably due to the lack of general knowledge of the LBX-7683 incident by the general public.
Xan was finally beaten in 2293 by Malcolm (Unreal Tournament). Liandri recalled Xan and upgraded him to Xan Mark II, and attempted to gain back the champion spot from Malcolm. This bid proved unsuccessful, and Liandri recalled him again for a complete rebuilding, during which he didn't participate for a number of years. This includes 2302, the year of Unreal Tournament 2003.
In 2303 (Unreal Tournament 2004) Liandri finally re-entered Xan after upgrading him to Xan Mark 3. Although he still failed to become champion, he may become a finalist, depending on how the player plays the game.
- Multiple years before 2291, in illegitimate tournaments (2283, 2284, 2285, 2286, 2287, 2288, 2289, 2290).
Unreal Tournament Edit
Classification: Tournament Champion
"Origin and identity is unknown. Various rumors exist as to who or what Xan is. The most popular rumor being that he is the man who heads up Liandri Corporation and has poured his vast wealth into building the most advanced battle suit ever, solely for maintaining champion status in the Tournament."
In UT, his exact origins are unknown, as his character bio says, and some speculate he is either a robot or the CEO of Liandri in a suit. Either way, he is merciless, and has his own armor picture and taunts, only shared with Xan II.
Xan Mark II Edit
"After his defeat in the Tournament, Xan has been rebuilt from the ground up. He's stronger, faster, and a hell of a lot meaner looking."
Xan II, also in UT, is only accessible by installing Bonus Pack 4, and has very large amounts of visible circuitry. This version of Xan, as seen above, appears as a boss in the console versions.
Unreal Tournament 2004 Edit
Xan's Unreal Tournament 2004 character card
Age: Unknown yrs.
"Former Tournament champion Xan Kriegor is an almost mythical figure. His return from several years of isolation has been greeted with great trepidation by other Tournament competitors."
UT2004, Xan's last appearance, had Xan as one of the 3 unlockable characters, and shared the same body style as Axon.
Xan Kriegor is the team leader for the Godlike tier team The Corrupt, and one of the possible final bosses depending on how his team fares in the Single-player game, the other possible bosses being Malcolm and ClanLord.
Physical appearance Edit
Xan is the only character on Unreal Tournament that has his own voicepack. In Unreal Tournament 2004 he shares the Male Robot voicepack with both the male Liandri and the Automaton robots.
Unreal Tournament Edit
Frag quotes Edit
- Xan: "Bow down!"
- Xan: "Die, human!"
- Xan: "Target lifeform eliminated."
- Xan: "You die too easily."
- Xan: "Useless."
- Xan: "Fear me."
- Xan: "You are inferior."
- Xan: "You are obsolete."
- Xan: "I am the alpha and the omega."
- Xan: "Run, human."
- Xan: "Step aside."
- Xan: "I am superior."
- Xan: "Witness my perfection."
- Xan: "Boom!"
- Xan: "My house."
- Xan: "Next."
- Xan: "Burn, baby!"
- Xan: "Anyone else want some?"
- Xan: "That had to hurt."
- Xan: "I'm on fire!"
Other quotes Edit
- Xan (acknowledgement): "Got it"
- Xan (acknowledgement): "Roger"
- Xan (acknowledgement): "On my way"
- Xan (friendly fire): "I'm on your team!"
- Xan (friendly fire): "Same team!"
- Xan (order: attack - CTF): "Take their flag."
- Xan (order: attack - DOM): "Search and destroy."
- Xan (order: attack - other): "Assault the base."
- Xan (order: defend): "Defend the base."
- Xan (order: cover): "Cover me."
- Xan (order: hold position): "Hold this position."
- Xan (order: freelance): "Engage according to operational parameters."
- Xan: "The base is uncovered!"
- Xan: "Somebody get our flag back!"
- Xan: "I've got the flag."
- Xan: "I've got your back."
- Xan: "I'm hit!"
- Xan: "Man down!"
- Xan: "I'm under heavy attack!"
- Xan: "You got point."
- Xan: "I've got our flag."
- Xan: "I'm in position."
- Xan: "Hang in there."
- Xan: "Control point is secure."
- Xan: "Enemy flag carrier is here."
- Xan: "I need some backup."
- Xan: "Incoming!"
- Xan: "I've got your back."
- Xan: "Objective destroyed."
- Strangely enough, Xan is regarded as entirely robotic in UT2004 onwards; but fragging Xan in the first UT generates partially bloodied gibs.
- A fan speculation was that the Xan-MKIII is an entirely different character, or that he was the rogue robot that caused the infamous robot revolt. Another one says that Xan Kriegor is still awaiting his comeback, or that he has retired from fighting. This speculation is probably created on the grounds that the mysterious nature of Xan was revealed in UT2004 in a rather dull manner.
- Xan was meant to appear as a legless character in Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict, however the dev team couldn't figure out how to make him playable in this way, so he was cut.
See also Edit
|Characters from Unreal Tournament|
|Thunder Crash: Malcolm, Annaka, Aryss, Azure, Othello, Riker, Ryanna, Tamika|
|Iron Guard: Brock, Lauren, Harlin, Johnson, Rankin, Rylisa, Sara, Shyann|
|Black Legion: Cryss, Freylis, Grail, Kragoth, Malakai, Malise, Necroth, Visse|
|Dark Phalanx: Gorn, Anna, Ivana, Farham, Iyrash, Nickolai, Nikita, Whitman|
|Blood Reavers: Kyla, Boris, Graves, Jayce, Luthor, Mariana, Ramirez, Tanya|
|Raw Steel: Slain, Arkon, Arnold, Bruce, Kregore, Lugar, Manwell, Rolph|
|Venom: Athena, Ada, Cilia, Lovelace, Sarena, Tara, Xyra, Zanna|
|Iron Skull/Red Claw: Dominator, Anthrax, Baetal, Berserker, Devastator, Entropy, Guardian, Pestilence, Pharoh, Plague, Reaper, Skrilax|
|The Corrupt: Xan Kriegor, Cathode, Divisor, Enigma, Function, Matrix, Silicon, Tensor, Vector|
|Metal Guard: Drake, Isis, Radkin, Risa, Tasha, Vixen, Von, Wraith|
|Other: Damien, Idina, Nali, Nali WarCow, Portia, Rampage.|
|Characters from Unreal Tournament 2004|
|Anubans: Asp, Cleopatra, Diva, Horus, Hyena, Memphis, Roc, Scarab|
|Automatons: Cobalt, Corrosion, Mandible, Rapier, Renegade, Syzygy, Thorax, Widowmaker|
|Gen Mo'Kai: Damarus, Faraleth, Komek, Makreth, Mokara, Motig, Nebri, Selig|
|Humans (Iron Guard): Brock, Lauren, Sapphire, Prism, BlackJack, Satin, Wraith, Torch, Romulus, Remus|
|Juggernauts: Ambrosia, Arclite, Cannonball, Frostbite, Gorge, Reinha, Rylisa, Siren|
|Nightmares: Abaddon, Brutalis, Domina, Fate, Harlequin, Lilith, Mr. Crow, Ravage, Subversa|
|Humans (Hellions): Baird, Garrett, Greith, Kaela, Kane, Ophelia, Outlaw, Rae, Zarina|
|Humans (Thunder Crash): Malcolm, Othello, Jakob, Taye, Azure, Aryss, Riker, Picard, Annika, Tamika|
|Liandri Robots: Xan Kriegor, Axon, Cathode, Cyclops, Divisor, Enigma, Matrix, Virus|
|Skaarj: ClanLord, Dominator, Drekorig, Gaargod, Gkublok, Guardian, Kraagesh, Skakruk|
|Mega Pack characters: Barktooth, Karag, Kragoth, Mekkor, Skrilax, Thannis|